PASAP ADVANCED SAP PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT RECOGNITION CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
PASAP believes that the health of our youth is the basis of our future. We recognize that there are detrimental influences in the areas of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, mental health, as well as other concerns that will continue to adversely affect the health of our youth. As a result of this recognition and our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our youth, the Pennsylvania Association of Student Assistance Professionals is committed to supporting and networking in the areas of prevention, intervention, treatment, aftercare, ongoing support services, and education to all those individuals or organizations who foster this same commitment.
In order to support these efforts, PASAP offers professional development opportunities to school and child-serving agencies who support the Student Assistance Program in Pennsylvania. Professional development opportunities are offered by PASAP through webinars, regional workshops, and the annual conference. As a result, PASAP is offering a special recognition to Student Assistance professionals who are PASAP MEMBERS and are certified by the Pennsylvania Network of Student Assistance Services as having met the standards and competencies for the Pennsylvania Student Assistance Training and are approved by the Student Assistance Program Interagency Committee.
Use the link below to submit a training for approval.
Keep in mind, if there are multiple training sessions for an event, a form for each session that you attended must be submitted.
PASAP is offering an Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Certificate for Student Assistance Professional who meet the following requirements:
1. Be an active member of PASAP. If not currently a member, go to www.pasap.org/join.
2. Possess a training certificate from the Pennsylvania Network of Student Assistance Services and approved by the Student Assistance Program Interagency Committee.
3. Attend a minimum of two 1 hour trainings/sessions in each of the standards outlined in the Commonwealth Student Assistance training system listed below and accumulate a minimum of 20 hours of training.
4. Submit all trainings attended using the PASAP Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Form. You will receive a confirmation email when the training has been successfully completed.
5. Trainings that are not PASAP sponsored professional development offerings will be considered with the submission of the following additional information.
6. PASAP Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Log must be completed within four years of the first documented training attended.
7. A certificate of Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition will be issued by PASAP after successful completion of the PASAP Advanced Student Assistance Professional Development Recognition Log and all the information has been verified by PASAP.